- "I quit drinking Kowakian rum, because even though it tastes like the sweet, syrupy glow of pure liquid stardust, it invokes the kind of hangover that makes you feel as if you've been romanced by an irascible rancor. It is the kind of hangover that makes you plead for death while hiding under the darkness of your bedcovers or even under the bed itself."
- ―Sinjir Rath Velus, to Jas Emari
Kowakian rum was a type of rum that could be consumed by humans. Though the rum possessed a sweet and syrupy taste, its alcoholic content could cause an extremely unpleasant hangover after consumption. Kowakian rum shared its name with Kowakian monkey-lizards, a species from the Outer Rim world Kowak.
While at a Junari Point bar on the Core Worlds planet Chandrila in 5 ABY, the slicer Conder Kyl asked his partner, the former Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus, why he was drinking the brewed drink caf in lieu of Kowakian rum or the alcoholic beverage hull stripper. By some point prior to the Battle of Jakku, which took place in the same year, Velus told the bounty hunter Jas Emari that he had quit drinking Kowakian rum because of the terrible hangovers it initiated.
Behind the scenes
- "Tooth and Claw"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and further dates Shara Bey and Kes Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in 5 ABY. The move is placed six months after the Battle of Endor by Before the Awakening. Since Aftermath: Life Debt is set just after Shadow Fall, which takes place around six months after the battle, the events of Life Debt must also occur in 5 ABY, around six months after the Battle of Endor.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas