- "Oh, I’ve been waiting for you, Kraaken."
- ―Leia Organa
When the Millennium Falcon touched down carrying Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa, who hoped to recruit the Freeholders into joining the Rebel Alliance, Kraaken revealed his true colors. During an underwater hunting expedition, Kraaken sabotaged Skywalker's aqua-skimmer, leaving the unconscious Rebel hero at the mercy of a giant demonsquid. Skywalker was rescued from certain death by the quick swimming of the Wookiee Chewbacca as well as Silver Fyre's destroying of the demonsquid's brainsack, the latter also gaining Han's trust in the process.
In the confusion caused by the demonsquid's attack on Luke, Kraaken was able to double back to C-3PO and R2-D2 and immobilize them in hopes of stealing a secret data plaque they were holding so he could hand it to the Empire. However, he was confronted by Leia Organa, who revealed that the existence of the data plaque was a ruse to draw him out.
Enraged, Kraaken attempted to escape to the surface, hoping to flee Aquaris aboard one of the Freeholders' fastest ships, but he was apprehended by Han Solo. In addition, Leia also anticipated the likelihood that she wouldn't be able to stop him, so she replaced the data plaque with an explosive dud, which was later thrown into the sea, where it exploded harmlessly.
- Traitor's Gambit (First appearance)
- "ComicScan: Star Wars...On A Daily Basis"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 2
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (FYR2, Silver Fyre)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Classic Star Wars 7