Kral Grek was a Quarren male born on the planet Mon Cala around the year 56 BBY. In 22 BBY, Grek was in the Uscru Entertainment District on the planet Coruscant when the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi landed an airspeeder nearby. Grek's stolen identity profile was later used by the pirate Hondo Ohnaka to test several potential employees of Ohnaka Transport Solutions in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu in 34 ABY.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Kral Grek was a Quarren male who was born on the planet Mon Cala around 56 BBY. In 22 BBY, Grek was on the planet Coruscant and was walking past the Outlander Club in the Uscru Entertainment District when the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi landed his XJ-6 airspeeder nearby while chasing the bounty hunter Zam Wesell. The Jedi then jumped out and ran toward Grek in the direction of the club's entrance.
When Grek was 90 years old, his stolen identity profile was in the possession of the pirate Hondo Ohnaka, owner of Ohnaka Transport Solutions. In 34 ABY, Ohnaka made use of the profile while planning a heist during the First Order occupation of the planet Batuu. The pirate sent Grek's profile, along with several others, to the datapads of several potential crew members for the heist in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu and had them memorize details from the profiles. He then quizzed the potential Ohnaka Transport Solutions employees on details from the profiles in order to test whether they were able to remember the necessary details of a cover identity.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Kral Grek first appeared in the 2002 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. He was first named in the Star Wars: Datapad app that launched alongside the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Quarren name Kral meant "spear," and the archaic meaning of the Quarren surname Grek was "harvester of kelp."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "Flight Crews Wanted" (Screenshots: 1, 2) (First identified as Kral Grek)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Datapad – "Flight Crews Wanted" (Screenshots: 1, 2)
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge must take place in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Datapad – "Flight Crews Wanted" (Screenshots: 1, 2) states that Kral Grek is age 90 during the events of Galaxy's Edge, meaning he was born around 56 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which includes Kral Grek's appearance on Coruscant, to 22 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Galactic Campaign Guide