Krellus Barzane, an Arkanian female, was a renegade technolord who worked as a trafficker in used technological goods. Around the year 15 BBY, she purchased the protocol droid C-3PO and the astromech droid R2-D2 from researchers at the planet Manda's Baobab Archives, who had taken exception to the know-it-all and pushy attitudes of C-3PO and R2-D2, respectively. The droids had been assigned to the archives by their master, Mungo Baobab, but the annoyed researchers nevertheless arranged for them to be "mistakenly" sold to Barzane in spite of the protocol droid's indignant protests. The droids helped their new master stay one step ahead of her enemies, but Barzane ultimately met with misfortune. By 5.5 BBY, the robotic pair had entered the service of Governor Wena Havid of the Kalarba system after a string of unremarkable and menial assignments.
Behind the scenesEdit
An unnamed trafficker in used technological goods who once owned C-3PO and R2-D2 was first mentioned in 1999's C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid, a reference book written by Daniel Wallace and Josh Ling. The trafficker was given a name, sex, and species in the 2013 article The Droids Re-Animated, written by Abel G. Peña and Rich Handley for the StarWars.com blog.
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (under "C-3PO")
- (First identified as Krellus Barzane)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ "Star Wars Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO"—Polyhedron 170, p. 78
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid, p. 38
- ↑ Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets"
- ↑ Omnibus: Droids (introduction to The Kalarba Adventures)
- ↑ C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid, p. 39