- "The requested Interdictors are being developed as part of the Deep Core Security Zone, my lord. I hasten to add, however, that the ships' gravity well projectors have not been tested in scenarios of this sort."
- ―Kren Blista-Vanee reports to the Emperor
Kren Blista-Vanee was a male human who served as an advisor on the Imperial Ruling Council to Emperor Sheev Palpatine during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Five years after the Empire's creation, Blista-Vanee was a relative newcomer to the Ruling Council, but proved himself useful in blazing hyperspace routes into the star systems of the galaxy's Deep Core. Along with fellow advisors Mas Amedda, Ars Dangor and Janus Greejatus, he attended a meeting between members of the council and representatives of the Empire's several intelligence agencies concerning the theft of the corvette Carrion Spike from Moff Wilhuff Tarkin by a rebel cell and its subsequent use to attack Imperial facilities. During the meeting Palpatine looked to Blista-Vanee to give details on a number of Interdictor vessels from the Deep Core Security Zone that Tarkin hoped to use to capture the stolen corvette. Blista-Vanee was later among the Ruling Council members who accompanied Palpatine to the second Death Star. Blista-Vanee was fond of watching opera and wore colorful clothes including flamboyant hats.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "On Jedi, one of the most exciting things from a design point of view was the advisers who surround the Emperor. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what they might look like because I thought it was important that through them you might understand what the Emperor's world is like. Coming from a Catholic background, I sort of made a joke, and that's why they look like bishops. So they wear red, and they have elaborate headgear. This was a challenge because it wasn't in the script, and you see them only briefly in the movie."
- ―Nilo Rodis-Jamero, on the designs of Kren Blista-Vanee and the other Imperial advisors
Kren Blista-Vanee first appeared as an unnamed Imperial advisor in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The character, who was portrayed by an uncredited background extra, went unnamed until the name "Kren Blista-Vanee" was used in the Star Wars Legends roleplaying game Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game supplement Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi. The name was then canonized with its inclusion in James Luceno's 2014 novel Tarkin.
Blista-Vanee's costume was designed by Nilo Rodis-Jamero. Rodis-Jamero felt that the look of the Imperial advisors was one of the most exciting designs from Return of the Jedi and thought their design would need to convey an idea about the kind of world that the Emperor lived in. Rodis-Jamero based the look on that of Catholic bishops, with red coloring and ornate headpieces.
- Tarkin (First identified as Kren Blista-Vanee)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- (Video clip only)