Krome Studios is one of the largest independent video game developers in the world with over 300 staff. They developed the Playstation 2, PlayStation Portable, and Wii versions of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and all versions of Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes except for the Nintendo DS version. Krome has offices in Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne. They are best known for their Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games. The company was founded in 1999 by Robert Walsh, who is currently the CEO, Steve Stamatiadis, the current creative director and John Passfield, the design director who left the company in 2005. Krome has created games for the Xbox, Nintendo GameCube, Game Boy Advance, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PC. Currently Krome is developing for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and PSP.
To date, Krome Studios has created ten successful titles on multiple platforms and languages comprising of 37 SKUs, including Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Krome's own IP and Platinum selling global videogame franchise.
Andy Green, Lindsay Parmenter, Mark Coombes and David Knott worked as producers for Krome Studios, in the videogame The Force Unleashed. James Baird, Karl Cizakowsky, Kim Forrest and Jason Poots were also part of Krome's crew on the same game, working as designers. Matthew Peers and Trevor Powell were two members of the programming team. Other members of the crew for this game were Robert Walsh acting as chief executive officer, Tony Parmenter as lead artist and Steve Stamatiadis as Director.
Games Developed By Krome Studios
- Championship Surfer (DC, PS1, PC, 2000)
- Extremely Goofy Skateboarding (PC, 2001)
- Barbie Beach Vacation (PC, 2001)
- Sunny Garcia Surfing (PS2, 2001)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, (GCN, PS2, Xbox, Windows, 2002, 2016)
- Barbie Sparkling Ice Show (PC, 2002)
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Jet Fusion, (GCN, PS2, 2003)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, (GCN, PS2, Xbox, GBA, Windows, 2004, 2017)
- King Arthur, (GCN, PS2, Xbox, 2004)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan, (GCN, PS2, Xbox, GBA, Windows, 2005, 2018)
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, (GCN, PS2, Xbox, GBA, 2006)
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, (PS2, Wii, 2007)
- Viva Piñata: Party Animals, (Xbox 360, 2007)
- Hellboy: The Science of Evil, (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, 2008)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, (PS2, PSP, Wii, 2008)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels, (Wii, 2008)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes, (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PC, Wii, PSP, 2009)