- "The Jedi Council commissioned Kuat Systems Engineering, a starship-manufacturing subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards, to build the [Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light intercepter]."
- ―Official History of the Rebel Movements, Volume One
Kuat Systems Engineering was a starship manufacturing company that was a subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards. Based on the planet Kuat, the company most notably produced the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light intercepter, the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor, the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft, and the RZ-1 A-wing interceptor.
Initially, Kuat Systems Engineering and Sienar Fleet Systems were competitors. However, with the rise of the Galactic Empire, Sienar acquired key assets and engineers formerly employed by Kuat, which ultimately led to the creation of the TIE line of starfighters. By 34 ABY, Kuat Systems Engineering was defunct; nevertheless, the Resistance would attempt to contact some of its former personnel during the cold war against the First Order.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z (as Kuat Engineering Systems)
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ A communique from General Leia Organa in the Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual makes reference to Kuat Systems Engineering being defunct. The message is set before the outbreak of open war against the First Order, which the Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.
- ↑ Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual