- "In the winter months, Ewoks have been known to hunt the six-legged kublag, usin' it's meat to make a rich stew that can feed an entire village. They like to thicken the broth with raventhorn root and ground-apple stock, but my variation uses a unique spice blend that I picked up from the Sakiyan food market on Tatooine awhile back."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
Kublag Curry was a type of stew made with the meat of the six-legged kublag creature and vegetables. It was Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs's variation on a similar dish made by the Ewoks of the Forest Moon of Endor, created after he procured a unique spice blend from the planet Tatooine's Sakiyan food market.
At some point after publishing his first cookbook in 34 ABY, Tuggs included a recipe for Kublag Curry in his second cookbook, The Life Day Cookbook, where he described its sweetness and warmth and recommended pairing it with either rorkid bread or sunberry wine.
Behind the scenes
Kublag Curry was introduced in the 2021 recipe book Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook, authored by Jenn Fujikawa and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe for the curry's base calls for yellow curry paste, chicken broth, garlic, a shallot, brown sugar, olive oil, turmeric, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, coriander, and black pepper.
The curry itself requires olive oil, an onion, boneless chicken thighs, carrots, russet potatoes, coconut milk, and water. Garnishes include cilantro, crispy fried onions, a Thai chile, a lime, and cooked white rice for serving.
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.