- "Republic Intelligence located a previously unknown droid foundry on the third moon of Kudo."
- ―Wullf Yularen, to Anakin Skywalker
Kudo III was a terrestrial moon of Kudo, located in the Kudo system of the Corvair sector. It had a population of the Kudon species. During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems enslaved inhabitants of a Kudon village in a battle droid foundry.
The Galactic Republic learnt of the foundry through rumors that the Separatists purposefully leaked, preparing to destroy it. Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, conflicted about the potential deaths, infiltrated the foundry alone, discovering the Kudon slaves. Skywalker freed the slaves, preventing their deaths and saving the Republic from the backlash that the factory's destruction would have caused.
With a terrestrial surface and a breathable atmosphere, Kudo III was one of at least three moons that orbited Kudo, located in the Kudo system of the Corvair sector. While Kudo III appeared to be covered in green landmasses and oceans, the area around the droid foundry constructed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems was rocky and barren.
- "Do you think this will sway the Kudon to join the Republic? At the very least, I don't see them siding with the Separatists now."
"Perhaps. That's a discussion for politicians. But because of you, Anakin…they're still here to make that choice."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Confederacy of Independent Systems established a foundry for battle droids on Kudo III during the Clone Wars against the Galactic Republic. Rather than automating the factory, they chose to gas a village and take its Kudon inhabitants to work as slaves. After Republic forces came under attack by Separatist droid starfighters in the sector, they searched for the source of the droids.
As a trap for the Republic, the Separatists leaked rumors of the Kudo droid foundry, hoping that the Republic would destroy the facility and cause the deaths of the Kudon slaves. Once the Republic's intelligence division learnt of the foundry, Admiral Wullf Yularen believed that an orbital strike would sufficiently destroy it. Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, who had assisted in the previous skirmish, was concerned about the Kudon casualties.
Skywalker changed the Republic's plans, landing nearby and entering the foundry alone. He discovered that the Kudon were being enslaved rather than choosing to work for the Separatists, as the Republic had formerly thought. His past as a slave led him to attack the B1 battle droids guarding the machinery, freeing the Kudon, who fought back against the Separatists who had enslaved them.
- "It seems the foundry operations are being run by the local Kudon population. We suspect the droids were rushed into production before full automation of the facility could be completed."
"The last I'd heard, the Kudon hadn't chosen a side in the conflict."
- ―Wullf Yularen and Anakin Skywalker
The moon was home to at least one village populated by members of the sentient Kudon species, who were briefly enslaved by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. When infiltrating the foundry that the Kudon were enslaved in, Anakin Skywalker was unable to see any nearby signs of civilization.
- "Even if this place was thrown together, the Separatists shouldn't have left it defenseless."
- ―Anakin Skywalker
The Confederacy of Independent Systems had established a droid foundry on Kudo III, but its slaves were set free during Skywalker's infiltration of the facility. The foundry was located far from any other structures, though a Kudon village existed on the moon.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Age of Republic - Anakin Skywalker 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Age of Republic - Anakin Skywalker 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Age of Republic - Anakin Skywalker 1 states that Kudo III is the third moon of Kudo. TIE Fighter 2: The Shadow Falls, Part 2 shows Kudo to be located in the Kudo system, meaning that Kudo III is also located there.