Kukuia nuts were a type of nut that could be cracked with the application of significant pressure, and were consumable by humans. During the rebellion on the Outer Rim planet Akiva in 4 ABY, the modified B1-series battle droid Mister Bones used his astromech droid limb to forcefully strike an Imperial stormtrooper's white armor, causing it to split similarly to a cracked kukuia nut.
During the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY, New Republic pilot Norra Wexley escaped Imperial custody on the planet Jakku and rendezvoused with a shuttle her teammate Jas Emari had stolen from the bounty hunter Mercurial Swift. Once on board, Wexley consumed survival rations stored in a locker on the vessel, which consisted of kukuia nuts, dried galcot, and kalpa sea-threads. She reflected that it was not good food, though the pilot continued to chew on the nuts as she and Emari discussed their next move.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kukuia nuts were first mentioned in Aftermath, a 2015 novel written by Chuck Wendig. The nuts first appeared in Aftermath: Empire's End, a 2017 novel also written by Wendig, misspelled as "kukula nuts."
- Aftermath (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook) (as kukula nut)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End) (as kukula nut)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Aftermath
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the reunion of Norra Wexley and Temmin Wexley on Akiva, which occurs during the rebellion on Akiva according to Aftermath, to thirty years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 34 ABY. The mention of kukuia nuts takes place during Akiva's rebellion, and can therefore be placed in 4 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas