- "To that end, we must take an indirect path to Kuat and strike these designated targets. No sieges, no prolonged attacks—these are surgical strikes against logistical hubs."
- ―Everi Chalis, on attacking the Kuliquo belt and her other targets
The Kuliquo belt was an airless and lightless asteroid field used for mining for the Galactic Empire's war effort during the Galactic Civil War. In 3 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry deployed a strike force of twenty rebel soldiers to sabotage mining machinery at the Kuliquo belt, and one of the soldiers, Roach, returned with a piece of gold after completing the mission.
- "We destroy these, and the Empire must react by reassigning ships and officers—either to repair damage or to compensate by bolstering efficiency elsewhere."
- ―Everi Chalis, on her intended result from attacking the Kuliquo belt
During the Galactic Civil War, asteroids of the Kuliquo belt were mined for resources to supply the Galactic Empire's war effort. In 3 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry targeted the Kuliquo belt asteroid mines as part of its Operation Ringbreaker campaign. Devised by the ex-Imperial Everi Chalis, the campaign targeted multiple locations that supplied war resources to force redeployments from the Kuat Drive Yards, the 61st's final target. As planned by the 61st's assumed captain, Hazram Namir, a strike force of twenty rebel soldiers Namir trusted was deployed to sabotage machinery.
After the soldiers completed their mission, they returned to the rest of their company, and Roach, a soldier whom Namir had been urged to pick for the strike force, gifted the captain a piece of gold the size of her fist that she had acquired. Meanwhile, the Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service reviewed Operation Ringbreaker, with General Crix Madine listing the Kuliquo belt in a report as one of the targets on the campaign's first phase. The archivist Hendri Underholt later obtained the report and included it among a Rebel Alliance collection of non-electronic documents called The Rebel Files.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook