A kyber crystal container was a heavily armoured container used by the Galactic Empire to securely transport kyber crystals. During the Imperial Era, TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" combat assault tanks were used on worlds like Jedha to transport the crystals from mines to waiting Zeta or Eta-class cargo shuttles. From there, the containers were transported to Tarkin Initiative bases on planets such as Scarif and Eadu. Due to the importance of the crystals, Stormtroopers would often patrol areas near transport routes.
By 34 ABY, the Gatherers of Savi's Workshop at Black Spire Outpost on Batuu had obtained a number of Imperial kyber crystal containers, and the crystals within were given to customers who came to learn the art of lightsaber crafting.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars Battlefront (First appearance) (DLC)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Kyber crystal container)