The Kymoodon Era was an era of time in the galaxy that started circa 15,000 BBY that marked a second boom in expansion similar to the Great Manifest Period. Hyperspace travel became more commonplace during this time and some of the most noted starship manufacturers noted this era as the time of their founding.
In the last centuries of the era, Republic colonists spread beyond the frontier into what was then the Wild Space between the Republic and Hutt Space. The Hutts sponsored numerous raids against these planets with the aim of enslaving the colonists. Lexrul, Drogheda, Hathrox, Imram and Parcovey Minor were among those colonies targeted. The successful defense of Parcovey Minor was one of the few bright spots for the colonists amid the raids. From Farm-Wife to Warrior was a contemporary account of slavery in the era.
Timeline of this period
- c. 15,000 BBY
- The Kymoodon Era begins.
- The Anomids of Yablari join the Republic.
- The Hutt Cataclysms come to an end; by this time, the Hutt homeworld of Varl and the other colony worlds are lifeless wastes, forcing the Hutts to relocate to Evocar.
- The Galactic Senate heeds calls for the reestablishment of the Republic Navy.
- The Cremlevian War, which sees the Yuuzhan Vong conquer many of the planets in their galaxy before turning on themselves, comes to an end, and their homeworld Yuuzhan'tar strips the species of their ability to use the Force.
- The Aquala and Quara species fight a civil war, but unite when an offworld exploratory vessel lands on Ando. The united Aqualish species kill the explorers and take their ship, learning to reproduce it.
- A few decades later, the Aqualish embark on a campaign of conquest, but are quickly stopped by the Republic.
- 14,743 BBY
- c. 14,500 BBY
- 14,450 BBY
- 14,300 BBY
- c. 14,000 BBY
- c. 13,800 BBY
- 13,649 BBY
- 13,220 BBY
- c. 13,200 BBY
- The Fourth Alsakan Conflict comes to an end.
- c. 13,050 BBY
- c. 13,000 BBY
- 12,980 BBY
- c. 12,700 BBY
- c. 12,293 BBY
- c. 12,000 BBY
- Ithorian herdships make first contact with the Republic.
- The planet Ord Mantell is settled by explorers and colonists from Corellia, and the planet becomes an Ordnance/Regional Depot that later serves as a basis for the Seventh Pius Dea Crusade.
- Starting from the planet Gyndine, scouts start to establish the Ootmian Pabol route, bridging the gap between the Republic and Hutt Space.
- Haddius Korden, a successful merchant from Corulag, turned his family business into Korden Outfitting and Surveying, which supplied a wide variety of equipment to colonists headed for the farthest frontiers of the known galaxy.
- 11,987 BBY
Notes and references
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in the year 3653 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two dating systems is 3,653 years.
- The Essential Atlas
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- A Tale from the Dark Side
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- Galaxy at War
- Millennium Falcon