Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Kyramud-type battleship resembled the Basilisk war droids in aesthetic design, and were based on stolen Basiliskan design. Later models, although similar to the type used during the Great Sith War, were sleeker designs, dispensing with the more organic features of the older model. They mounted armored "fins" along the sides.
History[edit | edit source]
These vessels were often used for ground assaults.
At least one such ship attacked the Tetan carbonite smelter over Empress Teta, launching numerous open-air Basilisk war droids. Different models were used by the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders in 3964 BBY, during the Mandalorian Wars. These also carried Basilisk war droids as well as fighters.
Mandalorian battleships were often accompanied by smaller warships and support ships when in battle. Before and during the Great Sith War, they were escorted by small insect-like vessels, while during the Mandalorian Wars, they were supported by Jehavey'ir-type assault ships and Lictor-class dungeon ships.
Known ships[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 1: Edge of the Whirlwind (First appearance)
- Knights of the Old Republic 8: Flashpoint, Part 2
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Daze of Hate
- Knights of the Old Republic 22: Knights of Suffering, Part 1
- Knights of the Old Republic 23: Knights of Suffering, Part 2 (Appears in hologram)
- Knights of the Old Republic 49: Demon, Part 3
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide (First identified as Kyramud-type battleship)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and references[edit | edit source]