- "Nesta nesta balotelli."
- ―Embo speaking Kyuzo
Kyuzo was a language consisting of quickly spoken short words and phrases spoken by members of the Kyuzo species. Although Kyuzos could learn to understand Galactic Basic, the most prevalent language in the galaxy, without difficulty, and most picked up the skill at a young age, they found it difficult to speak and grammatically confusing. As a result, they favored their own language and relied upon electric translators or interpreter droids to smooth their interactions with outsiders. Embo, a male Kyuzo who operated as a bounty hunter during the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War, spoke the Kyuzo language.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Kyuzo language was developed for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series by supervising director Dave Filoni and is comprised primarily of intentionally mispronounced French words from children's books about The Smurfs.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend"
- Dark Disciple
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First identified as Kyuzo)
- "Flight of the Falcon, Part 3: Home Again"—Star Wars Adventures 16