- "Most of Kashyyyk's scars have long since healed, but some evidence of the Empire's reign still remains—includin' an abandoned refinery near Kyyyalstaad Falls that used to pollute the planet's pristine waters with its rancid runoff. Thankfully, those sparklin' cascades are crystal clear again and good enough to drink."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
Kyyyalstaad Fizz was a fizzy beverage made using water from the Kyyyalstaad Falls on the planet Kashyyyk. The pristine water of the falls had been polluted by an Imperial Refinery during the occupation of Kashyyyk by the Galactic Empire during its reign, but after the world was liberated from Imperial rule in 5 ABY, the water became drinkable again.
The Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included a recipe for the drink in his second cookbook, The Life Day Cookbook, which was released at some point after he published his first cookbook in 34 ABY. In the book, Tuggs suggested that readers raise a glass of the fizz in honor of the Life Day festival, or any other celebration, in order to toast a better tomorrow and celebrate the recovery of Kashyyyk from damages of the occupation.
Behind the scenes
Kyyyalstaad Fizz was created as a recipe for the 2021 Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook, a recipe book written by Jenn Fujikawa and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe uses granulated sugar, water, cold sparkling water, lime juice, lemon juice, ice, a sliced lime, and fresh mint.
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and further dates Shara Bey and Kes Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in 5 ABY. The move is placed six months after the Battle of Endor by Before the Awakening. Since Aftermath: Life Debt is set just after Shadow Fall, which takes place around six months after the battle, the events of Life Debt must also occur in 5 ABY, around six months after the Battle of Endor. As the Liberation of Kashyyyk is depicted in Life Debt, it must therefore occur in 5 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.