- "Did the motivator get fixed?"
"No, but these guys won't know the difference."
"I'll finish up, you take their credits."
- ―L4-R6's stored memory of two Jawas on Tatooine
L4-R6 was an R-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton who functioned as a repair droid. In 0 BBY, L4-R6 was in the possession of a tribe of Jawas on Tatooine. The droid recorded a memory transcript of the Jawas' sandcrawler visiting the Lars homestead, which included two Jawas discussing how they planned to sell the astromech droid R5-D4 despite the fact that its motivator had not been repaired. The droid also recorded an image of R5-D4 and the droid R2-D2 standing outside the sandcrawler.
The Jawa tribe was slaughtered by Imperial stormtroopers soon after leaving the homestead, and L4-R6 eventually fell into the hands of the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. During the First Order occupation of Batuu in around 34 ABY, a refurbished L4-R6 and several other droids were displayed behind railings on a plinth outside the depot. L4-R6 had blue and white plating and an R4 dome with a black sensor.
Behind the scenesEdit
L4-R6 first appeared as an animatronic prop within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The prop is capable of spinning its head and emitting beeping sounds. The droid simultaneously appeared in the Star Wars: Datapad application launched alongside the themed land.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "L4-R6" (Screenshots: 1, 2) (First appearance, simultaneous with Droid Depot)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Datapad – "L4-R6" (Screenshots: 1, 2)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As L4-R6 is depicted as an astromech droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, it must also be a second class droid.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Droid Depot
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which includes the Jawas' visit to the Lars homestead, to 0 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the mission to Batuu, which includes the First Order's occupation of Batuu, to six months after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.