- "Did the motivator get fixed?"
"No, but these guys won't know the difference."
"I'll finish up, you take their credits."
- ―L4-R6's stored memory of two Jawas on Tatooine
L4-R6 was an R-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton who functioned as a repair droid. In 0 BBY, L4-R6 was in the possession of a tribe of Jawas on Tatooine. The droid recorded a memory transcript of the Jawas' sandcrawler visiting the Lars homestead, which included two Jawas discussing how they planned to sell the astromech droid R5-D4 despite the fact that its motivator had not been repaired. The droid also recorded an image of R5-D4 and the droid R2-D2 standing outside the sandcrawler.
The Jawa tribe was slaughtered by Imperial stormtroopers soon after leaving the homestead, and L4-R6 eventually fell into the hands of the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. During the First Order occupation of Batuu in 34 ABY, a refurbished L4-R6 and several other droids were displayed behind railings on a plinth outside the depot. L4-R6 had blue and white plating and an R4 dome with a black sensor.
Behind the scenes
L4-R6 first appeared as an animatronic prop within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The prop is capable of spinning its head and emitting beeping sounds. The droid simultaneously appeared in the Star Wars: Datapad application launched alongside the themed land.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "L4-R6" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3) (First appearance, simultaneous with Droid Depot)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Datapad – "L4-R6" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Droid Depot
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which includes the Jawas' visit to the Lars homestead, to 0 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including L4-R6's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.