The LC-10bW, or laser ice-cutter, was a repulsorcraft armed with a laser cannon used to sheer through ice with quick precision. It had room for one gunner in the rear of the craft, who could man the cannon single-handedly.
These speeders were used by the Rebel Alliance Corps of Engineers, alongside excavator machinery, to carve out space inside the caves of Echo Base. Their laser cannons could also be used to protect the hangars, if needed. Luke Skywalker manned such a craft to defend Echo Base from a wampa attack.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
One of these units is briefly visible in the left corner of the frame when Han Solo rides into a hangar at the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back. In a scene that was filmed but did not appear in the finished film, Luke Skywalker uses a speeder of this type to fight off wampas.
One of these were featured in 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack, a LEGO Star Wars battle pack that included several Hoth Rebel Troopers, along with dual flick firing rocket launchers. The vehicle was later added to the LEGO Star Wars: Microfighters video game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: Microfighters video game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack)
- The Making of The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition (First identified as LC-10bW)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – The Battle of Hoth (Card: Snowspeeder Launch Bay) (Picture only)
- Strongholds of Resistance
- Ultimate LEGO Star Wars