- "He answers to 'Leebo,' when he bothers to answer at all. He thinks he's funny."
- ―Dash Rendar
Biography[edit | edit source]
Being a basic issue of LE repair droid, Leebo worked in Esseles starport as a safety standards inspector. At one time, an unknown transport vessel took off while being checked by the droid, making Leebo an unwilling stowaway. From that moment forward, LE-BO2D9 began to work as a ship mechanic, going from one owner to another throughout the years. He served multiple masters and each of them updated his abilities and skills, allowing Leebo to do more and more. Finally, he came to the hands of Corellian pilot and mercenary Dash Rendar. Dash acquired the droid as payment from the Rodian comedian Kood Gareeda, and Dash seemed to believe his new possession acquired his former master's dry sense of humor.
Leebo accompanied Dash during his trip to Hoth, piloting his light freighter, Outrider, away from Echo Base and into the Hoth asteroid field following the Imperial attack. He later aided Dash during his escapades on Ord Mantell, Gall, on bodyguard mission to protect Luke Skywalker given by Princess Leia and assault on Imperial freighter, Suprosa, always guarding Outrider while offering Dash advice during his travels. He also piloted the ship above Coruscant at the Battle over Coruscant, while Rendar was manning the gun turret. At the end of the dogfight, Rendar's Outrider apparently exploded after being hit by a huge piece of space debris.
Leebo was present inside the cockpit of the Outrider when Rendar made a last-second escape into hyperspace, avoiding destruction in the maelstrom of debris from the exploded Falleen's Fist.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- "We'll never get paid if you stay here all day!"
Skills and abilities[edit | edit source]
Leebo often carried a bag with necessary tools with him. Equipped with specialized sensors, holoprojector, single-channel long-range comlink, and computer interface, he was a skilled mechanic and pilot. His programming, being updated by every owner, was far more sophisticated than that installed on stock LE repair droids.
Unique personality[edit | edit source]
Because he'd had few, if any, memory wipes throughout his life, he'd developed a personality and specific sense of humor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "We just thought Leebo was a neat nickname for a droid."
- ―Jon Knoles
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "And Leebo Makes Three"—Star Wars Insider 128
- Shadow Games
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Light Side and Dark Side scenario campaigns)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire video game
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Shadows of the Empire junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire comic
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Galoob minicomic
- (Mentioned only)