- "These units had weird bug-like heads designed to look like the insectoid alien species they served. They also had a pretty nasty flaw in their programming that allowed their personality software to become corrupted."
The LOM-series protocol droid was a model of protocol droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton. They were designed with insectile features to emulate the species they were created to serve, the sentient Gand. 4-LOM was a LOM-series protocol droid who overrode his programming and became a bounty hunter. The LOM-series had a flaw that allowed the personality software of a droid to be corrupted. Many LOM-series droids became enforcers in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories.
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed"
- "Hunter vs Hunted"—Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2018
- "Powered Down, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 10
- "Powered Down, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 11
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars 61: The Escape, Part VI
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Boba Fett - The Bounty Hunter"
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Treasure of Cloud City"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as LOM-series protocol droid)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Expanded Universe (Set: 75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious