- "Give me that. You could get yourself killed…"
"Messa know. Messa almost did. Five times."
- ―Clone Captain Rex and Jar Jar Binks
Jedi General Laan Tik wielded a blue, single-bladed lightsaber during the Battle of Mimban on the planet of the same name. The 22 BBY Clone Wars engagement was fought by Tik's Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Powered by a kyber crystal, the lightsaber had a gray cylindrical hilt which ended with a black grip mounted by a black ring.
When Tik fell in battle, Republic Junior Representative Jar Jar Binks took the lightsaber to prevent it from falling into wrong hands. Later, having nearly killed himself five times with the weapon, Binks used it to strike down the B1-series battle droids that were about to execute an embattled Clone Captain Rex, saving him. As the lightsaber then slipped from Binks's hands, Rex chastised the representative and confiscated the weapon to prevent him from causing injury. The two then fought their way to a Separatist shield generator, with the captain refusing Binks's request to have the lightsaber back.
Behind the scenes
Laan Tik's lightsaber appeared in the comic story "501 Plus One," published by Marvel Comics in Age of Republic Special 1 on January 16, 2019. The story was written by Marc Guggenheim and illustrated by Caspar Wijngaard and Cris Peter.
Notes and references
- "501 Plus One"—Age of Republic Special 1
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the early events of the Battle of Ryloth and the mission to Rodia—which are depicted in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Supply Lines" and "Bombad Jedi"—in 22 BBY. The Battle of Mimban takes place during the episode "Rookies," which is set between the aforementioned episodes according to . Therefore, the Battle of Mimban, in which Laan Tik used his lightsaber as portrayed in "501 Plus One," took place in 22 BBY.
- Jedi lightsabers — Based on corresponding details applicable to all
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide