A model of labor droid known as the PK-series worker droid was used by the Trade Federation aboard the Saak'ak, a modified Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter, during the Invasion of Naboo, and the Federation used labor droids to collect the still-usable remains of B1 battle droids destroyed during the Battle of Naboo.
The ASP general purpose droid was a model of labor droid used on worlds across the galaxy, including Coruscant, Florrum, and Tatooine. An ASP droid designated K0-5D was heavily modified for gladiatorial combat and fought in the sparring pits aboard the Weequay pirate ship Marauder, where he usually emerged triumphant due to his steel-shredding servos and integrated flamethrower, earning him the nickname "Maximo."
A RIC-series general labor droid, a crude model of labor droid also known as a rickshaw droid, designated RIC-920 pulled a rickshaw in Mos Espa, a port city located on the desert world of Tatooine, and another RIC was in use on the planet Jakku. Labor droids equipped with repulsorlifts were utilized in a refinery complex located in an asteroid field known as Pressy's Tumble.
Behind the scenesEdit
Labor droids first appeared in Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, a 1976 Star Wars Legends novelization of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope ghostwritten by Alan Dean Foster but credited to George Lucas. They became canon when several ASP general purpose droids, a model of labor droid, were digitally inserted into the 1997 Special Edition version of A New Hope.
- (First identified as labor droid)
- Ultimate Star Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ The Rebellion Begins
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "High Noon on Jakku"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker