This cruiser was a Mon Calamari cruiser of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It was commanded by Commander Lajaie. The cruiser was then destroyed during the Imperial attack on the Mako-Ta Space Docks.
- "Commander Lajaie to all crew. All those with access to pods, evacuate."
- ―Lajaie's final orders prior to his cruiser's destruction
The Mon Calamari cruiser came to join the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It was the flagship of Beta Group, led by Commander Lajaie. Beta Group was stationed at the Mako-Ta Space Docks, where their cruisers had been refitted for war. As they attempted to leave, however, their hyperdrives failed to work. The origin of this dilemma was soon to arrive in the form of Darth Vader and his personal fleet, Death Squadron. Vader's flagship, the Executor destroyed General Vanden Willard's cruiser, before firing on the rest. Lajaie discovered a possible way the rebels may be able to get their hyperdrives working again, but his cruiser was already too suppressed by the turbolaser fire. He ordered the crew to evacuate while the cruiser was teared apart.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars 52
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars 55
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars 53
- ↑ According to Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition, the Assault on the Mako-Ta Space Docks occurred around a year after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the battle marks the beginning of 0 ABY, the Assault, including the destruction of Lajaie's cruiser, must take place around 1 ABY.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars 50