Lamps were illumination devices and light-producing tools used throughout the galaxy.
Description[edit | edit source]
Lamps were used to illuminate dark areas. Some were more elegant than practical, and the likes of office lamps, illuminators, and wish globes were used as items of furniture. The bloggin-oil lamp used on Jakku provided cheap light with the use of oil extracted from native bloggins.
History[edit | edit source]
During the era of the Galactic Republic, numerous political figures including Senator Bail Organa and Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine kept office lamps, and Padmé Amidala owned both an illuminator and a wish globe. The bounty hunter Jango Fett used a setla lamp.
Scavengers on Jakku made use of bloggin-oil lamps to create a cheap form of light. These practical devices stored bloggin oil in a bowl at the base, which was fed through an oil pump regulator to fuel a high output burner. A dimmer switch was activated by twisting the top of the lamp.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 8" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Sharing the Same Face"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Alphabet Squadron
- Shadow Fall
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 2: The Child"
- Force Collector
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 3 (Droid Directory: R2-series Astromech Droids, Part 2)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition