A landing jet was a component used on starships throughout the galaxy during landing and take-off procedures. With multiple jets located on the ventral side of a ship, the jets would direct bursts of pressurized gas at the surface below the ship when landing and taking off in order to provide auxiliary thrust and aerostatic lift. Temperature sensors built into the landing jets would regulate the heat produced to prevent damage to the landing surface. The smuggler Han Solo modified these sensors on his ship, the Millennium Falcon, so that bursts of intense heat could be used as an anti-personnel measure.
Landing jets were also features of the pilot seat, employed during emergency eject.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Knights of the Old Republic 14: Days of Fear, Part 2
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars Adventures 1: Hunt the Sun Runner
- Star Wars Adventures 2: The Cavern of Screaming Skulls
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi