Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
You know him… you love him… now, join him for his biggest caper as master of charm Lando Calrissian gets his very own comic book! Before he joined the rebellion, before he ran Cloud City, Lando made his way in the galaxy getting by on some swindles, some swagger, and a smile.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
On the Imperial colony world of Castell in the Inner Rim, Lando Calrissian meets with Moff Ssaria, the local Imperial governor, at her luxurious penthouse. Calrissian and Ssaria have a romantic relationship. When Ssaria asks Calrissian about his in interest in one of her trinkets, he admits that he was planning to steal it. Calrissian wanted to sell the trinket in order to pay off his debts. When Ssaria threatens him with her blaster, Calrissian continued on about how he couldn't steal it, knowing Ssaria would have troopers searching for him and that word of her lover's betrayal would get out. Appealing to her feelings for him, Calrissian convinces her to let him leave with the trinket by betting his life on it.
Calrissian recounts his encounter with Ssaria to a shocked Lobot, who expresses concern about the risks he takes. When Lobot suggested stealing it, Calrissian responds that he did not want to have Ssaria pursuing them. By convincing her to give the trinket, he reasons that she thinks that she helped her good buddy and will remember this whenever she wants to pretend that she is a person instead of a murdering thug. Calrissian takes the trinket to the crime lord Papa Toren, who is serviced by several Ximpi. However, Toren merely strikes ten percent of Calrissian's debt. When Calrissian protests, the elf tells him that the deal was simply to give him extra time to settle his debts. In the end, Calrissian agrees to take another job for Toren in order to wipe out the remainder of his debt.
Calrissian breaks the news to Lobot. After some discussion, the two decide to take Toren's job and enlist the help of Aleksin and Pavol, two enigmatic alien warriors who are brothers or clones. For their job, Calrissian and Lobot enlist the help of Korin Pers, a former Ugnaught sava from the University of Bar'leth who has fallen on hard times. Sava is reluctant to take on Calrissian's job since she lost her left eye during a previous mission. However, she changes her mind when Calrissian reveals that they are planning to steal a pleasure yacht belonging to some rich Imperial. Papa Toren had learned about the yacht through his network at Sienar Fleet Systems's Orbital Shipyard CC-24 above Castell. Calrissian and his team infiltrate the orbital shipyard and steal the vessel after fighting off the stormtrooper sentries.
Lando and Lobot fly away from the shipyard. Lando tells Lobot he will make the hyperdrive work once they have escaped the gravity wells. The shipyard's Commander Pasqual informs Grand Vizier Mas Amedda about the loss of the ship. While Lando and Lobot ask who owned the yacht and discuss their next plan, Grand Vizier Amedda informs Emperor Palpatine of some unfortunate news.
Development[edit | edit source]
In celebration of Star Wars Day on May 4, 2016, Marvel re-released Lando 1 as part of its True Believers budget reprint program, which reprints popular comic titles for the suggested retail price of $1.
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- UPC 759606081431; July 8, 2015; Marvel Comics
- UPC 759606085026; May 4, 2016; Marvel Comics; True Believers
- 00111; Cover A; Alex Maleev, Edgar Delgado
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Collections[edit | edit source]
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- PREVIEW: STAR WARS: LANDO #1. Comic Book Resources (July 2, 2015). Archived from the original on April 20, 2017. Retrieved on July 3, 2015.
- Marvel Comics Full JULY 2015 SOLICITATIONS. Newsarama (April 21, 2015). Archived from the original on December 16, 2017. Retrieved on April 21, 2015.
- Star Wars: Heroes For a New Hope places Star Wars: Lando between Star Wars: Princess Leia and Star Wars: Chewbacca. Star Wars Helmet Collection 34 (Highlights of the Saga: Alderaan Survives) places Star Wars: Princess Leia in 0 ABY, and Zalben, Alex (2015-07-10). Exclusive: 'Star Wars' Spins Off 'Chewbacca' Into His Own Solo Adventures. MTV. Archived from the original on December 29, 2016. Retrieved on July 10, 2015. – places Star Wars: Chewbacca directly after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 0 ABY. Therefore, if Star Wars: Lando takes place between these stories, it must take place in 0 ABY.
- Star Wars Lando #1 (of 5). TFAW.com. Archived from the original on March 14, 2017. Retrieved on May 31, 2015.
- Cranswick, Amie (2016-03-25). Marvel celebrating May the 4th with True Believers: Star Wars. FlickeringMyth.com. Flickering Myth Limited. Archived from the original on January 29, 2018. Retrieved on September 10, 2020.