- "He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him."
- ―Han Solo, to Leia Organa
Lando Calrissian was the male Human Baron Administrator of Cloud City on the planet Bespin. A professional gambler, entrepreneur and former smuggler, Lando was an associate of Han Solo and the original owner of the Millennium Falcon, which he lost to Solo in a game of sabacc.
During the Galactic Civil War, Cloud City was taken over by the Galactic Empire as part of a deal gone wrong. Calrissian had previously agreed to turn over a group of Rebels to the Empire, including Han Solo and Leia Organa, as part of bait for a trap for the Jedi Luke Skywalker.
However, Darth Vader altered the deal to the point where Calrissian felt he was no longer able to tolerate it. Lando alerted his citizens to the Empire's presence and ordered an evacuation, while helping Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke to escape Vader. However, Boba Fett escaped with Solo's body, frozen in carbonite.
Lando joined the Rebel Alliance to further redeem himself, fighting in the Battle of Tanaab and aiding Solo's rescue from Jabba the Hutt, for whom Fett had delivered Solo as a trophy. During the Battle of Endor, Calrissian and Nien Numb piloted the Millennium Falcon into the second Death Star's core, to destroy its reactor.
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (novel) (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Blade Squadron (short story)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (novel)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Lando Calrissian on Wikipedia