- "You and I, we're a lot alike. Willing to lay our lives down for the right cause. Which this is not."
- ―Lang, to Din Djarin
Lang was a human male mercenary who worked for Morgan Elsbeth, serving as the Magistrate's Captain of the Guard on the planet of Corvus in 9 ABY. The Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin speculated Lang had previously been part of a military faction. Lang and Elsbeth had been in conflict with former Jedi Ahsoka Tano, with Elsbeth hiring Djarin to kill Tano. However, Djarin and Tano banded together to thwart them, with Djarin gunning down Lang after a short standoff as his new ally dueled and soon defeated Elsbeth.
Behind the scenes
Lang made his first appearance in "Chapter 13: The Jedi," the season two episode of the television series The Mandalorian, written and directed by Dave Filoni and released on Disney+ on November 27, 2020. He was portrayed by Michael Biehn, with Mickey Giacomazzi serving as a stunt double.
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season Two Companion"—Star Wars Insider 202
- "Jedi Master's Quiz"—Star Wars Insider 203
Notes and references
- "A Certain Point of View"—Star Wars Insider 202 dates the events of "Chapter 7: The Reckoning" through "Chapter 16: The Rescue" to nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the end of to 0 ABY. Therefore, Lang's appareance and death in "Chapter 13: The Jedi" must have taken place in 9 ABY.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 13: The Jedi"