Lieutenant Lanzora Garan was a human female who served in the First Order as a security officer on board the Steadfast, flagship of Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Tasked with keeping an eye on inter-ship communication, she had direct lines of contact to members of the Supreme Council and First Order Security Bureau command. In 35 ABY, she witnessed Allegiant General Enric Pryde kill the spy General Armitage Hux on the bridge of the Steadfast.
- "Get me the Supreme Leader."
"Tell him we've found our spy."
- ―Pryde speaks to a First Order officer while executing Hux in front of Garan
Lanzora Garan was a human female who served as a lieutenant in the forces of the First Order during its war against the Resistance. In 35 ABY, she was stationed as a security officer on board the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Steadfast, flagship of Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Garan was tasked with keeping a close eye on inter-ship signals for any indication of compromised communication lines or activity by enemy agents. She had direct lines of communication to Supreme Council members Allegiant General Enric Pryde and General Armitage Hux as well as First Order Security Bureau command.
After the Jedi-in-training Rey and her allies infiltrated and then escaped from the Steadfast while it was above the planet Kijimi, Garan was on the bridge of the Star Destroyer when Hux reported to Pryde on how their foes had forced him to aid them in fleeing. As Garan watched, Pryde shot and killed Hux, having realized that the general was in fact a spy who had been aiding the Resistance. Shortly after Hux's death, the First Order was defeated and the Steadfast destroyed during the Battle of Exegol.
Personality and traits
Garan wore a gray First Order officer's uniform with a high stiff collar that ensured proper posture was maintained. The uniform also included a gray cap, two code cylinders, a black belt, and black boots.
Behind the scenes
Lanzora Garan was portrayed by Mandeep Dhillon in the 2019 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. The film's credits identified her as "Lieutenant Garan," with the character's first name being provided in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Lanzora)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty-five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker must occur in 35 ABY.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker