The Lapiz Cutter was the personal Sheathipede-class transport shuttle of Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray. It was used by Gunray during the Federation's Invasion of Naboo to transport him and Rune Haako to Theed, and later on Geonosis, where it was used by the viceroy to escape from the planet during the First Battle of Geonosis. During the Clone Wars, the shuttle was pressed into military service, and carried Gunray on numerous missions, including Gunray's visit to Rodia, where it was pushed into a swamp by a Kwazel Maw, though Gunray had the vessel recovered due to his attachment to it. At the end of the war, the Lapiz Cutter transported Gunray to Mustafar, and during the lightsaber duel between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the shuttle was destroyed when the shields that protected much of the lava mining operation were shut down, causing the landing pad where the Lapiz Cutter was located, to be destroyed.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 54 (Starship Fact File: Sheathipede-class Shuttle) (First identified as Lapiz Cutter)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 54 (Starship Fact File: Sheathipede-class Shuttle)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 54 (Starship Fact File: Sheathipede-class Shuttle) establishes that the Lapiz Cutter was destroyed during the Duel on Mustafar, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the Lapiz Cutter was destroyed in 19 BBY.