- "Haor Chall Engineering Sheathipede-class transport shuttle. Design is based on the soldier beetles. Upraised stern, bow ramp, clawfoot landing gear. Gunray's named it the Lapiz Cutter."
- ―A clone commando
The Lapiz Cutter was the personal Sheathipede-class shuttle of Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray. He utilized the ship to land on conquered Naboo in 32 BBY, to flee from Republic forces during the First Battle of Geonosis in 22 BBY, to visit potential Rodian ally Senator Onaconda Farr on Rodia during the same year, and to flee Cato Neimoidia during a Republic attack in 19 BBY.
The Lapiz Cutter was Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray's personal Sheathipede-class shuttle, which he used to land on Naboo after it was invaded in 32 BBY and to escape the clone trooper attack during the First Battle of Geonosis in 22 BBY.[source?] Later that same year, Gunray used the craft to visit Senator Onaconda Farr on Rodia. During that time the shuttle was repainted with blue Separatist colors. On Rodia it was shoved into a lagoon by a Kwazel Maw.
Behind the scenes
In the Revenge of the Sith video game, Gunray escaped Darth Vader in the Separatist control center on Mustafar and attempted to flee in Lapiz Cutter, which was destroyed by plunging into the lava river beneath after a short battle with former Jedi Anakin Skywalker.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 33
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 14 (NEI1-2, The Neimoidian Shuttle)