The Lars family was a human family native to the Outer Rim planet of Tatooine. The Lars made a living as moisture farmers on the desert world; the family's earliest known members were Lef and Gredda Lars, who had two sons: Cliegg and Edern. Cliegg married Aika, who gave birth to a son named Owen Lars. After Aika's death, Cliegg purchased Shmi Skywalker from the Toydarian junk dealer Watto. He ultimately married Skywalker, having freed her from slavery. In 22 BBY, shortly before the start of the Clone Wars, Shmi was abducted and tortured by a group of Tusken Raiders. Succumbing to her injuries, Shmi's body was found and brought back to the Lars moisture farm by the Jedi Chosen One Anakin Skywalker, Cliegg's stepson by his second wife.
Cliegg passed away shortly after Shmi's death, leaving Owen to inherit the family's moisture farm. After marrying his girlfriend, Beru Whitesun, Owen adopted his stepbrother's son Luke Skywalker. In 0 BBY, prior to the Battle of Yavin, Luke's uncle and aunt were killed by Imperial stormtroopers during their search for the Rebel droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Lacking a lineal descendant, the Lars family line ended with Owen and Beru, although their nephew survived and ultimately became a Jedi Knight like his father before him.
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- (First identified as Lars family)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi