- "Drol is not a curse. Rather, it is a Separatist security system."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi explains to the Iegoans the true nature of the "Curse of Drol"
The LaserWeb Defense Station was a security system used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems above the planet Iego, built among the planet's many moons. The system remained in operation after the Separatists abandoned Iego, resulting in its residents being trapped there as any starship that attempted to leave would be destroyed by the lasers. The inhabitants of Cliffhold attributed the destruction to the "Curse of Drol," the so-called phantom ruler of the planet. The laser system was discovered by Jedi Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi when they ventured to Iego in search of reeksa root, and the two were able to destroy the LaserWeb generator on Millius Prime, allowing the Iegoans the freedom to leave whenever they chose.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as LaserWeb Defense Station)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Databank A-Z: Hydroid Medusas–Imperial Academies)