In 19 BBY, the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi fought his former apprentice Darth Vader on the planet Mustafar. When the mining facility collapsed into the lava sea, Kenobi saved himself onto a lava skiff while Vader jumped on top of a DLC-13 mining droid. From there, Vader jumped on the skiff and continued to duel his former master. As they reached land, Kenobi jumped off first and urged Vader to surrender. The Sith Lord angrily leaped towards Kenobi, who cut off Vaders legs and left him to burn next to the lava.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Revenge of the Sith Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: A Galaxy at War (First identified as lava skiff)
- Star Wars: Destiny – Across the Galaxy (Card: ) (Picture only)