- "She surrendered her saber to me and said one day it would be picked up again by someone who would finish her journey."
- ―Luke Skywalker, to Rey about Leia Organa's lightsaber
During her training under her brother Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, Padawan Leia Organa used a blue-bladed lightsaber. She later discontinued her training and gave the lightsaber to Skywalker after Organa sensed the death of her son at the end of her Jedi path. Skywalker kept the lightsaber with him and after his death at the Battle of Crait, gave the weapon to Rey during the final days of the war between the First Order and the Resistance.
Usage by Leia OrganaEdit
In 5 ABY, Organa discontinued her training after she told Skywalker that she had sensed the death of her son at the end of her Jedi path. Organa gave her lightsaber to Skywalker for safekeeping and he took the saber with him into exile on Ahch-To, and stored it inside his hut.
Usage by ReyEdit
- "There's something my sister would want you to have."
- ―Luke Skywalker, to Rey
Behind the scenesEdit
When asked about what type of lightsaber she'd like during an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert when promoting her new book The Princess Diarist, Carrie Fisher said she liked the color purple.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Leia Organa was trained as a Jedi between thirty and twenty-nine years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, Organa built her lightsaber between 4 ABY and 5 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 — The kyber crystal Databank entry states that there is a kyber crystal "at the heart of every Jedi lightsaber."
- ↑ The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Leia Organa discontinued her Jedi training on Ajan Kloss twenty-nine years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, Organa's discontiunation of her training must have happened in 5 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: What Color Lightsaber Leia Should Have, According To Carrie Fisher. Retrieved on January 6, 2020.