- "Even I've heard of LeisureMech. They risked everything on the success of of their human replica series. Customers didn't take to them, and LeisureMech went under."
- ―Den Dhur
LeisureMech Enterprises was a manufacturer of automated machinery systems and computer-controlled processes. They also operated a small but lucrative droid design division that catered for the high-end of society, producing recreational, entertainment, and luxury droids. The company also catered to the seedier side of the leisure industry, producing cheap droids for gambling establishments. One successful branch of LeisureMech producing security droids was spun off to form Ulban Arms which netted LeisureMech a healthy profit when it was sold off. The company was based in the Corporate Sector.
LeisureMech products included the RH7 CardShark automated sabacc dealer, the C5 bartender droid, and BD-3000 luxury droid. Droids built by LeisureMech were designed with the intention of putting organics at ease including the BD-3000 which was intentionally designed to play on the allure of the female form.
LeisureMech was one of the voting sponsors of the Corporate Sector Authority, investing in the endeavor after the signing of the Corporate Sector Charter. LeisureMech went under in the wake of the Clone Wars, risking everything on their human replicant series. Customers did not take to the droids due to Eerie Coulee Disorder, a sense of unease that Humans and Humanoids felt when looking at droids with features that appeared Human, but not quite.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side (As "LeisureMech Industries")
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Look Sir, Droids!"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 47 (MAN5-6, Droid Manufacturers)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids