- "I'm a Lepi. You know what folk say about us: a bunch of scruffy layabouts. And why? Because we look like giant rabbits. It's not fair, I'll tell ya that."
- ―Jaxxon, to Lando Calrissian
Biology and appearance
- "I hate to admit it… but I'm impressed. I underestimated you, Jax."
"Don't sweat it, Calrissian. Happens all the time when you're a two-meter bunny. Just no more cracks about carrot juice, okay?"
- ―Lando Calrissian and Jaxxon
The Lepi were tall, lanky bipeds that were characterized by two long ears that stood upright, prominent buck teeth, and thin whiskers that grew near their mouths. They were covered in fur that could be green. Their upper limbs ended in hands with five digits, one of which was an opposing thumb, and their lower limbs ended in large feet. The Lepi Jaxxon described himself as a "two-meter bunny."
It was apparently normal for Lepi to have large families.[source?] According to Jaxxon, his living family members numbered in the hundreds, with him being unable to keep count of the precise number.
Lepi in the galaxy
A number of Lepi were the leaders of the Coachelle Automata corporation. Another Lepi was the racer Thrar, who represented Coachelle Prime in the forty-eighth annual Dragonfire Air Rally. Another was the smuggler Jaxxon, who worked at least twice for the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. He had hundreds of living family members which included his cousins Reegor, Peeta, Arvi, Benji, and Maxx.
Years earlier, during the waning days of the Galactic Republic, the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker once encountered a disgruntled Lepi on the space station known as the Wheel who informed them on the whereabouts of Grynask Sanberge. A Lepi was present in Takodana Castle on Takodana thirty years after the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenes
The Lepi first appeared in Star Wars canon in the third issue of The Force Awakens Adaptation written by Chuck Wendig and illustrated by Marc Laming. They were originally created for the Star Wars Legends Star Wars (1977) 8, a 1977 comic written by Roy Thomas and illustrated by Howard Chaykin.
Notes and references
- Choose Your Destiny: An Obi-Wan & Anakin Adventure
- "Rabbit Hunt"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2020
- The High Republic 10
- "The Lost Eggs of Livorno"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2018
- "Hare-Brained Heist"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2019
- "Protocol and Service Droids" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 3
- Star Wars (1977) 8