During the Clone Wars, the Separatist Droid Army, commanded by Wat Tambor, took control of Ryloth and took the Twi'leks prisoner. The Separatists installed a plasma bridge as the only way to get into the city, which they could turn on or shut down. The capital was later freed by the combined forces of freedom fighters and the Galactic Republic, guided by Jedi Master Mace Windu and rebel leader Cham Syndulla, with aerial support from Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano's fighter squadron.
Following the formation of the Galactic Empire, Senator Orn Free Taa, Vice Admiral Rampart, and the Syndullas were in Lessu. There, General Syndulla urged his people to surrender their weapons to the Imperial Army.
During the Imperial occupation, a female Twi'lek named Isval traveled to the Octagon, a district in the heart of the city of Lessu. There, she encountered a Twi'lek escort named Ryiin and a drunken Imperial officer. After assaulting the Imperial officer, she spirited Ryiin away into a new home where she would be safe from slavery.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Databank A-Z: Cut Lawquane–Lothal)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 37 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Ryloth)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 47 (Databank A-Z: Max Rebo–Sabacc)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 58 (Databank A-Z: Tusken Raiders–Captain Typho)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- "Explosives, Heavy Weapons and Unstable Elements" – Star Wars Encyclopedia