- "I have tracked the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, to the droid foundries of Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here, and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala. The Commerce Guilds and the Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a— Wait. Wait."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi is cut off while delivering a message viewed by Lexi Dio
Lexi Dio was a human female who served as a senator in the Galactic Republic during the Separatist Crisis. She was part of the Loyalist Committee that supported Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine and in 22 BBY was in his office while a message from Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi was played from the planet Geonosis on Separatist forces gathering there.
Lexi Dio was a human female who served as a senator in the Galactic Republic's Senate during the Separatist Crisis. She was a part of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine's Loyalist Committee, a group of senators chosen to foster support for the chancellor's rule. In 22 BBY, Dio and other committee members stood with several Jedi and the chancellor himself in Palpatine's office on the planet Coruscant while the group watched a holographic message from Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Kenobi was sending the message from the planet Geonosis where he had tracked the bounty hunter Jango Fett to a series of droid foundries. He reported that the Trade Federation were taking delivery of a droid army and that Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray had been behind several recent assassination attempts on Loyalist Committee member Padmé Amidala. He began explaining that the Corporate Alliance and Commerce Guild were forming an alliance with Count Dooku, the head of the separatist movement trying to break away from the Republic, but before Kenobi could finish, a droideka attacked the Jedi and caused the transmission to end. Shortly after viewing the message, Jedi and Republic forces traveled to Geonosis to rescue Kenobi from the Separatists, beginning the Clone Wars.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
Lexi Dio was portrayed by Nicole Fantl in the prequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which was released on May 16, 2002. In the current Star Wars canon, she was first identified in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia. The name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where Dio was first mentioned prior to the release of Attack of the Clones in HoloNet News Vol. 531 #49, an March 28, 2002 issue published on the HoloNet News website as part of the marketing for the film. The article was written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Lexi Dio)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- (Picture only)