- "And you are quite sure that the Empire has fallen?"
"Yes, Lady Leyli. But only just recently…"
- ―Lady Leyli and Wedge Antilles
Lady Leyli was a Selonian female official and aide to the Queen of Tralus on Tralus during the Galactic Civil War. Shortly after the Battle of Endor, she informed the Rebel Alliance's Rogue Squadron of the location of a Galactic Empire base on the planet, where General Weir was torturing their comrade Ten Numb.
- "If the Emperor — or, even worse, Darth Vader — still survives, they will bring death to these tunnels."
"Lady Leyli, you can assure your queen that Vader is dead."
"Vader has been thought dead more than once before. How can you be certain it is true this time?"
"Because I watched him die and built his funeral pyre myself."
"Very well… Our scouts will lead you to the Imperial forces."
- ―Lady Leyli and Luke Skywalker
During the Galactic Civil War, Lady Leyli was the aide to the Queen of Tralus. A week after the Battle of Endor of 4 ABY, the Galactic Empire's General Weir attacked the planet Corellia and abducted Rebel pilot Ten Numb, bringing him to a base near the city in which Leyli resided for interrogation. The Rebel Alliance's Rogue Squadron traveled to the nearby planet of Tralus in hot pursuit of Weir; upon landing on Tralus and encountering the Selonian community there, the pilots of Rogue Squadron met with Leyli. She expressed her fear of the Sith Lord Darth Vader and Galactic Emperor Palpatine; initially doubting Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker's reports of Vader's death and the Empire's defeat at Endor, she was convinced by his assurances.
To avoid fear and panic in the community, Leyli decided to keep her queen uninformed of the situation until the Rebels had defeated Weir. Leyli enlisted several Selonian scouts to lead Skywalker and Rogue Squadron leader Wedge Antilles to Weir's base, where the general was holding Numb. Leyli added that Weir was notoriously cruel, and that their comrade would surely be wishing for death by that time. Numb would later be found dead by Rogue Wes Janson.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Do not hope for much in your quest — the Imperial leader, this General Weir, is quite sadistic —"
- ―Lady Leyli
Leyli was a cautious and pragmatic individual; concerned with the protection of her community and queen on Tralus, these tendencies were quite understandably motivated by fear of Darth Vader and Palpatine. Despite her obvious unease, she was nonetheless willing to bravely offer help to the heroes of the Rebellion, and assist in directing them to Weir's hidden nerve center. A female Selonian with brown fur and green eyes framed in slightly paler fur, Leyli stood at a considerably taller height than Luke Skywalker, who stood at 1.72 meters.
Around the time of her encounter with Rogue Squadron in 4 ABY, Leyli wore a white dress with a long, high-necked blue cape flowing behind her, and a golden tiara fitted with a green jewel atop her head.
Behind the scenesEdit
Leyli first appeared in X-Wing: Rogue Leader 3, the third installment of the X-Wing: Rogue Leader comic arc written by W. Haden Blackman and released on November 23, 2005. She was drawn by Tomás Giorello and colored by Michael Atiyeh.
- X-Wing: Rogue Leader 3 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 X-Wing: Rogue Leader 3
- ↑ The Star Wars Databank lists Luke Skywalker's height as 1.72 meters; Leyli is pictured as being significantly taller than him in X-Wing: Rogue Leader 3.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 252 ("Leyli, Lady")
- ↑ X-Wing: Rogue Leader 1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Essential Atlas