Lianna was the fourth planet of the Lianna system in the Allied Tion sector of the Outer Rim Territories. The ecumenopolis was the homeworld of House Santhe and the headquarters of Santhe/Sienar Technologies. Located on the junction of the Perlemian Trade Route, the Cadinth Run and the Shaltin Tunnels, Lianna was one of the busiest ports in the Tion Cluster.
Lianna was conquered by warlords from Tion in the planet's early history, though it later fell under the jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Barseg by the time of the Galactic Republic. It was never, however, a part of Xim's empire, though this claim to independence was mocked by many other Tionese, as during Xim the Despot's reign Lianna was a bleak agricultural world with a population of only a few thousand.
The Galactic Senate overlooked Lianna, so the planet continued to be ruled as a traditional territory. At approximately 300 BBY, the Senate eventually decided to take control of Lianna from Barseg, though some two hundred years later, Sienar Technologies set up operations on Lianna, after the planet continued to be misused as an industrial center even after the Senate's intervention. Soon after, the company was taken over by Kerred Santhe, who moved his company's headquarters to Lianna.
Under the control of Kerred's granddaughter, Valles Santhe, the planet remained independent and proud of its economic power, though it eventually supported the Republic during the Clone Wars, during which the Battle of Lianna was fought. The battle destroyed much of Lianna's urban sprawl.
At this point, Lady Santhe was in control of Lianna and the Allied Tion, and though the New Republic was respectful enough of her command not to intercede on her rule, surviving Imperial forces launched a series of reprisal attacks on the planet. Fortunately, as Lianna produced many of the Empire's TIE fighters, Santhe was able to hold off the attacks by threatening to cease production. The threat, plus some well-placed bribes, allowed Lianna to remain neutral by special charter of the Empire.
The Firebird Society was also founded on Lianna.
A standard day on Lianna lasted for twenty-two standard hours, and a year encompassed three hundred and seventy local days.
Behind the scenes
The Allied Tion appears as an independent government that issued letters of marque during the New Republic in Pirates & Privateers. As Lianna was likewise an independent world, it is probable that the Allied Tion sector surrounding the world became part of Lady Santhe's independent state.
- Darth Plagueis
- Darth Plagueis audiobook
- Jedi: Mace Windu
- "Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score" – Star Wars Insider 144 (Mentioned only)
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:9:04 (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- The Hutt Gambit (Mentioned only)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Galaxywide NewsNets" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Mission to Lianna (First appearance)
- (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen
- Wanted by Cracken
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- "Rebel Privateers!" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Wanted by Cracken" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- "Scouts' Dispatch" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- Pirates & Privateers
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- The Far Orbit Project
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook