- "What do we have parked at R/M, Colonel?"
"Several CR-ninety corvettes, two Carrack-class light cruisers, a couple of Victories, and a Venator-class destroyer—the Liberator."
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin and an Imperial colonel
The Liberator was a Venator-class Star Destroyer belonging to the starfleet of the Galactic Empire. Five years after the inception of the Empire, it was parked at R/M Facility Four deepdock at Belderone.
- "Rhen Var is merely an outpost…So: Nam Chorios?"
"Instruct Belderone to send the Liberator there."
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin and Darth Vader
In 14 BBY, following the attack on Galidraan Station by Berch Teller's rebel cell on the Carrion Spike, Moff Wilhuff Tarkin and Darth Vader contacted Belderone to send the Liberator to Nam Chorios to protect its resources―a mining colony and a small Imperial prison facility―from Berch Teller even after losing track of the Carrion while trying to capture them with the Parsec Predator.
As ordered, the captain of the Liberator commandeered the starship to Nam Chorios, where instead of facing the insurgents, the ship was boarded by Tarkin and Vader shortly before the attack on Lucazec, when the Liberator received Teller's HoloNet transmission of the attack. Though Vader left the ship as soon as the Goliath arrived from Coruscant with his personal starfighter, Tarkin stayed at the Liberator's data center for several hours. Finally, he asked the Liberator's captain to provide him with a shuttle for his personal use so as to rendezvous with the Goliath. Afterwards, instead of returning to Belderone, the Liberator was deployed to Ord Cestus, down the Perlemian Trade Route, as a result of the attack on the TaggeCo mining facility.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tarkin (First appearance, simultaneous with Tarkin audiobook)
- Tarkin audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Tarkin)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Tarkin
- ↑ Tarkin establishes that the Liberator is a Venator-class Star Destroyer, which measures 1,137 meters in length, according to Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles.
- ↑ The events of Tarkin take place five years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, Tarkin must be set in 14 BBY.