A library or datalibrary was a collection of sources, resources and services, and the structure in which it was housed; it was organized for use and maintained by a public body, an institution, or a private individual.
In the more traditional sense, a library was a collection of books. It can mean the collection, the building or room that housed such a collection, or both. The term "library" has itself acquired a secondary meaning: "a collection of useful material for common use." Public and institutional collections and services may be intended for use by people who choose not to — or can't afford to — purchase an extensive collection themselves, who need material no individual can reasonably be expected to have, or who require professional assistance with their research. In addition to providing materials, libraries also provide the services of librarians who are experts at finding and organizing information and at interpreting information needs. Many libraries were also repositories and access points for maps, prints, or other documents and various storage media.
Libraries were defined as places to get unrestricted access to information in many formats and from many sources. They were understood as extending beyond the physical walls of a building, by including material accessible by electronic means, and by providing the assistance of librarians in navigating and analyzing tremendous amounts of information with a variety of digital tools.
Notable Libraries[edit | edit source]
- Death Star Library
- Expeditionary Library
- Library of Xer
- Jedi library
- Great Jedi Library
- Jedi Archives
- Library of the Republic
- Senate Library
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Darth Plagueis
- Philology (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Belly of the Beaast
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- A Mon Alone
- The Eye (Mentioned only)
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (First appearance)
- Ultimate Core Dump
- Death Star
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First mentioned)
- Riders of the Maelstrom
- (as datalibrary)
- Star Wars: The Mixed-Up Droid (Mentioned only)
- "Slaying Dragons"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9 (Mentioned only)
- Vision of the Future
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- Strongholds of Resistance
[edit | edit source]
- Library on Wikipedia