Lieutenant-Inspector was a rank in the Galactic Empire's investigative division, the Inspectorate. Lieutenant Magna Tolvan was spared an execution, which was supposed to have occurred because of three demerits. However, a message from headquarters announcing her promotion to Lieutenant-Inspector had been delayed due to the destruction of Scarif. Her promotion was the result of the death of her old mentor, Thanoth, who had named her as his successor. Tolvan's execution was stayed as a result of this news. According to Imperial Article 3, Section 9, the Inspectorate operated on a four demerit system—unlike the field corps, which operated on a three demerit system. Tolvan was therefore released.
- Doctor Aphra 15: Remastered, Part II (First appearance)
- Doctor Aphra 16: Remastered, Part III
- Doctor Aphra 17: Remastered, Part IV
- Doctor Aphra 18: Remastered, Part V
- Doctor Aphra 19: Remastered, Part VI