- "Commander, direct your technicians to scan the Carrion Spike for life-forms."
- ―Darth Vader, to the Conquest's commander
A life-form scanner was a form of sensor device used to detect living beings from a distance. In its Sentinel Base facility, the Galactic Empire used such scanners of Idellian Arrays make. One such system was also included on the Secutor-class Star Destroyer Conquest. Darth Vader used the vessel's scanner to prove the corvette Carrion Spike was unmanned. There also existed small, handheld models, like the one used by C-3PO on K43.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Tarkin (First mentioned)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only) (First identified as life-form scanner)
- Star Wars 68
- (First identified as life scanner)