A lifeboat was a large escape pod that was common on large capital ships. The boats could hold between ten and fifty individuals and some were considered to be starships in their own right. Life boats were better stocked than escape pods, and provided support for passengers for a longer duration. Some models were equipped with sublight drives, and some were even fitted with hyperdrives.
Although not strictly lifeboats, the Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide, the official field manual for the Imperial Military, compared the planets within the Galactic Empire to that of lifeboats floating adrift in the airless void that was realspace.
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 2
- Han Solo's Revenge (First appearance)
- Star Wars Annual 1: The Long Hunt
- Strike Force: Shantipole
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide