- "A single Imperial Customs corvette approaching. They're hailing us."
"Let's hear what they have to say."
- ―Minna and Leia Organa
The Imperial Customs Office employed a force of patrol vessels that operated independently from the Imperial Navy in order to spare the Imperial government the expense of assigning ships of the line to monitor shipping, interdict piracy, and perform search-and-rescue operations.
Rendili StarDrive's light corvette was the backbone of this force. Systems with an Imperial Customs branch generally had at least one of these vessels, and more important systems had several. While it was not capable of taking on large warships, these ships were more than adequate for taking on most freighters or starfighters. For boarding operations, the corvette carried a stormtrooper platoon. They were often supported by the smaller Imperial Customs frigate, also a Rendili product.
Rendili StarDrive sold the Light Corvette to the Imperial Customs Office by an exclusive contract, but smaller governmental organizations, such as the Rodian Home Fleet, also acquired the light corvette for system patrol and defense. The utility and efficiency of these craft also created a demand from less legal organizations. Pirates often made an effort to capture light corvettes, and smaller shipbuilding operations such as those at shadowports manufactured copies of the design. The Pyesmev, a vessel belonging to the pirate group Solar Terrors, is an example for such a copy.
- The Hutt Gambit (First appearance)
- "Constant Spirit" – Star Wars Insider 145
- "Swoop Gangs" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (as Customs Corvette)
- "Lumrunners" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 9 (as customs corvette)
- "Assignment: Decoy" – Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 7
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters (First described)
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Platt's Starport Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Far Orbit Project
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Starships of the Galaxy (2007)
- Scum and Villainy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Imperial customs vessel")
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook