In 1 ABY, Saun Dann gave Mallatobuck a music box that played a holovid of a performance of the song as a Life Day present. Dann later used the holovid to distract an Imperial soldier, after the Empire had blockaded the planet and invaded Mallatobuck's house.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
"Light the Sky on Fire" was a song that Jefferson Starship (the real-life band who played the holographic band) released in 1978. Though the version played on The Star Wars Holiday Special was never released, a shortened version saw four releases as a single:
- A double-sided Holiday Special promotional record with "Light the Sky on Fire" on both sides.
- A similar double-sided promotional single in a plain white sleeve with an extended version on the B-side.
- Another Holiday Special tie-in with a 1974 song called "Hyperdrive" on the B-side.
- A reissue of the "Light the Sky on Fire/Hyperdrive" single without any mention of Star Wars on the sleeve.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (First appearance)