In 1 ABY, Saun Dann gave Mallatobuck a music box that played a holovid of a performance of the song as a Life Day present. Dann later used the holovid to distract an Imperial soldier, after the Empire had blockaded the planet and invaded Mallatobuck's house.
Behind the scenes
"Light the Sky on Fire" was a song that Jefferson Starship (the real-life band who played the holographic band) released in 1978. Though the version played on The Star Wars Holiday Special was never released, a shortened version saw four releases as a single:
- A double-sided Holiday Special promotional record with "Light the Sky on Fire" on both sides.
- A similar double-sided promotional single in a plain white sleeve with an extended version on the B-side.
- Another Holiday Special tie-in with a 1974 song called "Hyperdrive" on the B-side.
- A reissue of the "Light the Sky on Fire/Hyperdrive" single without any mention of Star Wars on the sleeve.
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (First appearance)