- "So, where should we send Norky?"
"How about the Lightning Forest? He'll be burned to a crisp!"
- ―Wicket Wystri Warrick and Latara
The Lightning Forest was a dangerous location on the Forest Moon of Endor. The Ewok shaman Logray owned a globe of Endor that depicted the Lightning Forest as a cluster of trees that crackled with electricity. In 3 ABY, the young Ewoks Wicket Wystri Warrick, Latara, Teebo, and Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka used Logray's globe to search for a place to send Norky, a troublesome child who was staying in their village. Looking at the globe, Latara suggested sending Norky to the Lightning Forest, claiming that he would be "burned to a crisp." Teebo alternatively suggested the Molten Mountains. Finally, Kintaka suggested the Vacant Valley, reminding the group that they were just trying to relocate Norky, not bring him physical harm.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Lightning Forest first appeared in "Bringing Up Norky," the nineteenth episode in the second season of the animated television series Ewoks. The episode was written by Bob Carrau and Earl Kress, and it premiered on November 22, 1986.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ewoks—"Bringing Up Norky"
- ↑ "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23 dates the events of the Ewoks animated series, which include the appearance of the Lightning Forest in "Bringing Up Norky," to three years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27