The Lightning Rod was a small, beat-up freighter owned by Peckhum, who used it to deliver shipments to various clients, the most notable being Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4. Peckhum also used the ship to get to his Orbital Solar Energy Transfer Satellite, in which he used a large mirror to focus warmth and sunlight from Coruscant's star, Coruscant Prime, on the planet's extreme northern and southern latitudes, warming the environment by a few degrees to make more of the land area on the ecumenopolis habitable. The ship also ferried Peckhum to Ennth at one time, after he heard about the natural disasters and went to help.
Luckily for Zekk, the Lighting Rod contained weapons, which Peckhum agreed to install only after the assault on Yavin 4 by the Shadow Academy.
While in the Rock Dragon near the debris of Alderaan to get a present for Leia Organa Solo, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Lowbacca, and Tenel Ka came under attack by a ship which appeared to be Boba Fett in a Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft designated Slave IV. In actuality, it was Ailyn Vel masquerading as her father, and the young Jedi Knights were saved by Zekk in the Lightning Rod.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric's World
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
- Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest
- Junior Jedi Knights: Kenobi's Blade
- Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef